Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cravings; How do you handle them?

Everyone loves a bit of sugar here or there. Well today, Alex took me out to Max & Ermas for lunch. Which, by the way, I highly recommend. The food was tasty and there was lots of variety in the menu. They ask you in the beginning if I wanted a cookie and of course I said no (shame on me). I was looking to my food rather than dessert. Well once I finished my food I regretted that decision and asked for a cookie only to receive devastating news; they have to bake them fresh. To most people this would be great news, but to the girl that was ready for dessert now, it was a let down that they wouldn't have any for 20 minutes. It then made sense why they asked us if we wanted cookies in the beginning. I dealt with not getting dessert an we headed home. Although, once we got back into town I wanted to go get cupcakes. It was just my luck that the two cupcake places we have in town were closed already. Which if you ask me is silly, since most sugar cravings come in the afternoon and evening hours. So I accepted the fact that I couldn't get a dessert and went for ice cream. I walked confidently into the new frozen yogurt store in our town and saw the flavors for the day. That's when I started to get REALLY annoyed. All I wanted was some dessert. My choices of ice cream were cherry, peach mango, chocolate pralines and no sugar chocolate. The only one that I would like would be the chocolate but I was not paying .45 cents an ounce for sugar free ice team. I WANTED all the sugar. Not Splenda, not truvia, and surely not sweet n low. My last choice was the other ice cream in town that I was not fond of to begin with but at this point I NEEDED a dessert. I settled on the German chocolate cake ice cream to put a mix between my cupcake and chocolate cravings. Perfect right? Well come to find out, I must be the only one that didn't know there were pecans in German chocolate cake. Did I mention I hate pecans? They were chopped up in my ice cream so there was no hope for the ice cream. So after all of these trouble I thought to myself, "why don't I just go home and burn some sticky cinnamon bun wax in my SCENTSY warmer and I would half a guilt free, fulfilling dessert. Okay, not really but still I had given up on getting dessert and you know what, SCENTSY bakery scents will never let you down like all of these desserts I tried did. At the end of the day I indulged in pizza and cookie dough ice cream from the gas station while spending the evening watching Madagascar while I babysat the cutest little boys. I hope you all had a wonderful Saturday evening as did I. If you are looking for the one stop perfect dessert, just try one of SCENSTY's bakery waxes. I know that's what I am doing next time. You can purchase any of your scentsy needs through me at allidia.scentsy.us

Until tomorrow, happy following!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! The moral of the story? NEVER say no to a cookie!

    Strongsville has a new gelato place in the mall: Have you ever had real, fresh made gelato? It's OH-MAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will NEVER say no to a cookie again! haha. Also, no I have not tried the new gelato place? I am kinda sorta lactose intolerant so its iffy what I can and cannot consume.

    ReplyDelete